CD Labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zindel

Baseband Member
Okay, so i have searched and searched and i don't know if this is where this should go but i figure it would work...I make a lot of cds for photos to distribute to friends and family and what not. Well i have looked and looked for a labeling system that can just print text on ANY cd i don't want to spend 80 dollars on a inkjet printer just to spend more money on special cds...now sharpie markers work but why cant there be a typewriter kind of thing that maybe uses sharpie kind of ink to print on any disk?! anyone know of something?

ya i know about lightscribe, and again you gotta buy those specific cds/dvds witch becomes a real pain and an extra cost

ya i know about lightscribe, and again you gotta buy those specific cds/dvds witch becomes a real pain and an extra cost

They don't cost that much more than regular CD's :\

But anyway you go about it you're going to run into extra costs at some point or another unless you just label them with a sharpie :\

if you don't want to use inkjet printable disks

then I guess you are looking for something like this?

sheets of stickers with disk pattern cut out already
you feed it through your printer
print whatever design you want
peel sticker off and stick it on your disk

I agree with waffle though, you are going to have to spend some money somewhere
heck, even sharpie cost money, it's just a matter of how much

Printable discs are much more professional looking than sticker labels too. Also, some of those labels will make for an imbalanced disc and can cause problems when being spun.

Bite the bullet and get a printer with disc capabilities and then get some inkjet discs. When all is said and done you will have a better product with not that much more invested.

I use lightscribe quite a bit and it is alright. You can only do black and white with lightscribe so that kind of stinks. And it takes about 10 minutes to do one disc. So if you do alot at one time, it may not be the right option for you. The disks do not cost that much more.

I have used paper labels and after a while, it will start pelling. That is not good.

^ that, IMHO, is the only downfall of LS. If they did color then it would no doubt be the best solution. The time to burn a disc sucks, but if they look great then it's worth the wait.

Seriously, you are better off with forking out the cash for a printer that will print on discs. The problem with the printed sticker labels is that you can really mess up your DVD Rom drive (or any other player) because of the following
* Label not being 100% balaned on the disc.
* Air bubbles and creases under the label.
* Label coming off depending on the heat and humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom