CD/DVD adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumdum8684

In Runtime
I have looked everywhere and can't find what I'm looking for. Ok i know that you can get a 2.5" to 3.5" HD adapter to use a laptop HD in a desktop computer. I am looking for the counterpart for an OD (optical drive) I upgraded my laptop from a DVD/CD drive to a DVD/CD-RW drive and i would like to use the DVD drive on my desktop computer. The DVD is from an IBM laptop and is an Ultrabay 2000. I'm pretty sure that all drives are the same if you take off the adapter that they have on them but i need something to connect it to the IDE port on a desktop. Thanks for your input.

-Aaron

i dont think you can get those.

dont laptops use a different interface? i.e, not IDE?

Heyyo,

The prob with laptops is that there ain't an actual standard for everything to be easily upgraded. That's why lots of parts aren't upgradeable like the vidcard, but I think that they do have similar ways for plugins for cd/dvd drives.

Try n' find the name of the type of connector on the back of the dvd drive you have, then look for that name plus the word adapter or so. Most adapter's go by the jack name, not the actual devices attached to it man.

well i would prefer it to not to be external but if it converts it to IDE before it goes to USB maybe that will be an option. Anyone know what the port on the back of a Ultrabay2000 drive is called?

BTW i have it for sale...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom