CD drive not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
For some reason my dvd drive won't open, and all the cables are connected. There is a cd stuck in it too. I tried looking for the emergency button but I can't find it. It doesn't even show up, in the device manager. People kept telling me its somewhere in the front but theres nothing. Heres a pic.......

b1gapl said:
ha ha very funny

haha sorry, uhh usually there is a very small hole you can jam a paperclip in, but from the pic i don't see one

you say its not in device manager? Try reconnecting the IDE cable, see if it helps. Also check the BIOS to see if its recognized there.

just disconnect the ide cable leave power cable in when switching on pc power will goto the drive and you should be able to eject !!

hope this helps!!!!

I did that before, reconnecting the IDE cable and checking the BIOS, still nothing. Is there any other options?

Does it make any noise on boot with the IDE cable in? Struggling to open or reading the disc?

PS. Next time you'll know to get a drive with an emergency open :)

Well, whats the last thing you did before it crapped out? Was there a storm? Lightning maybe? or just a surge? What kind of computer is it or is it homebuilt. I have a gateway 600mhz P3 and BOTH Cd drives failed me, wouldn't open, wouldnt read in bios, wouldn't do anything. I tried another drive, it opened...BUT IT SHOT open. the disc FLEW outta the drive i was like SHIT, i assume either my mobo's power had gona haywire or the IDE controller was shot. I plugged my working drive into a spare IDE PCI card i had and it worked fine. So it could be your PSU, MOBO, or the actual drive itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom