Cd drive for a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrzeeedler

Daemon Poster
My friend asked me about being able to play dvd's on his laptop. I told him he needs a dvd rom. Its a gateway 9100 laptop i think. Where can i find a drive for it and how about installing?

Another really good site is www.newegg.com . I did a little looking around and didn't find any laptop drives right off the bat, but with a little looking I'm sure that it can be done. Now when you go to install this drive you are going to want to be VERY careful. There are about 2-3 times the amount of screws than a desktop and must be done with a very small phillips screwdriver. Chances are that you are going to have to take off the keyboard to get to it, but carefully examine the computer and plan out your approach. I highly suggest that you get a cupcake tin to place the screws, and you may even want to go as far as to label where the screws go. Good luck.

its my friends laptop so i just reccomend him to go to gateway and get it. Because i really dont want to mess with it. I just finished replacing computers on a massly extensive network at my work with a c systems program and server, partssmart look up and ups online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom