CD-Drive Hardware Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebones

Solid State Member
I recently noticed after trying to install Rainbow Six: 3, that my CD-Drive (Samsung CD-ROM SC-148C) is not working properly. I shut down the computer and made sure all the wires are plugged in correctly, and they were. I restarted and nothing changed. I opened up the Device Manager (Using Windows XP Home), and saw the CD-Drive listed with the ! inside the yellow circle next to it. When you open up the Properties, it says: "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)". I have no idea what this means. I don't know what to do at this point, and really need some help.

No CD's came with this CD-Drive.

It has worked before.

I have a spare CD-Drive waiting in the machine (just not plugged up).

Make sure that everything is plugged in correctly. Also make sure that the red part of the IDE cable is in the upper right hand corner. Also make sure that the jumpers are set accordingly.

I'm pretty sure it's plugged in right. Two wires, one's a power cable, the other one's the data cable. Red wire of data cable in top-right... I'm going to try connecting to my spare drive and see if that works.

Just installed the alternative drive. Same error. So that means it's not the CD Drive. As I said before, it's worked before. It was all hooked up by professionals, however, and I don't know exactly how the cables go. I havn't messed with them though. Could someone hook me up with a diagram?

I'm using an A7N8X-E Deluxe ASUS motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom