CD Drive - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2004, 02:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default CD Drive

Ok im having problems with my CD Drive (x2!). My CD Drive cannot read any discs, it does sometimes but very little (once every 100th disc) and I have no idea why. CMD says The device is not ready, there is a disc in and all drivers are installed. Windows keeps telling me to insert CD. I'm using a laptop and the model is SCR-2438 for the CD Drive.

I decided to buy the exact same model and try it again, once again it is doing the same thing, any help will do,

Old 08-02-2004, 07:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

Okay, are you sure everything is connected properly. While you are checking this make sure the jumper settings are correct. Eg, if you have it connected to the same ID cable as your hard disk, set it to slave. Master if it is by itself.
If so what does it say in the bios about it??
If it is detected in the bios, and you have a copy of the windows XP CD, try booting with it and see if it works.
Get back to me with how all this went.

Old 08-02-2004, 08:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

its a laptop so all i do it slot it in, ill check about the slave and master settings. yes it is detected in bios and i have tried bootin from disc (i can hear it tryin to read but it ends up not seeing it)
Closed Thread