Cd Burning question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil29

Beta member
Hi

I've had my current system for about 18 months now, and am wondering if CD burning (burning mp3s and copying CDs) adversely affects the PC's performance?

I'm using Nero 5 (v.5.5.8.3) and have always used this.

There are no major performances issues to report, but some people have told me that CD buring has lasting effects on the PC's performance.

System:

ASUS K8V
AMD Athlon 64 3000
Maxtor 120GB SATA HDD
1GB Kingston DDR 400 RAM
Radeon 9800XT
Sound Blaster Audigy
16x DVD ROM
Windows XP Home

Thanks guys

Phil

Wont hurt your PC at all, Ive burned 750 cdr's and about 200 DVD's in about 11 months and I havent had any performance issues.

Why do you think that burning a CD would adversely affect your system? I'm just curious as to why you think that would do that.

But, as Horndude said, it wont. I burn at LEAST 1 dvd a day, and my computer runs flawlessly. While it is burning, performance will be adversely affected because your computer is using nearly all of it's resources. But as soon as it finishes, your system will run as normal.

WHAT IN THE DOOSE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!! WHo told you that? SOmeone needs a 13itch slap!

What the duce? Dont be so condascending, he was only asking a quesgtion to which he didnt know the answer. If one dosent know about computers, it is a very reasonable question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom