CD burner issue, PLEASE HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yokaze

Beta member
Hi, This is my first post at this forum, so I will just put down the info I think is needed.

OS - Windows XP Pro
RAM - 128
Computer Brand - Compaq (yes, I do know they suck)
Pentium 3 - 996 MHz

Sony CD-RW - 48x/24x/48x

Ok here is my problem, I have had this CD burner for about a year and a half, and have had no problems until about two weeks ago. When it for some reason, just stopped burning. I find it highly unlikely that its dead, because I have only burnt about 75 CDs since I have had it. Here is what I have tried so far to fix it.......

- Change software (didn't work, tried 8 different programs)
- Reformating my Hard Drive (didn't work)
- Opening my PC up and unhooking the cables to the CD burner, then rehooking them back up (didn't work)

As for a error message, it depends on the program but one thing seems to always be there.

11:15:10 Source Info: Session: 1, Track: 1, Length: 378.9 MB / 043:06:26
11:15:11 (F:) SONY CD-RW CRX215E1(1:0): Recording Method/Speed
11:15:11 Recording - DAO / SAO - 48X (7200 KB/Sec)
11:15:12 (F:) SONY CD-RW CRX215E1(1:0): BURN-Free activated
11:18:30 (F:) SONY CD-RW CRX215E1(1:0) - [Write PREGAP area ERROR]: -150 - 0
S:KEY - 00/00/00 - "No Additional Sense Information"
11:18:30 (F:) SONY CD-RW CRX215E1(1:0): Recording failed!
11:18:30 Image file loading aborted!
11:18:32 Something is wrong with the recording procedure!

This is the log that Alcohol 120 gave me. However the "Write PREGAP area ERROR" seems to reapper in all the programs.

Any help will be greatly apperciated, please. I really don't want to have to buy another CD burner, when I have had this one for so little. Thanks

~Scott

Sony does make a decent CD-RW, but if you have unhooked it and then plugged it back in and reinstalled your os with a clean install and tried 8 different programs and it still doesnt work it is looking like it might be dead. Re-installing the os will usually fix any problems you could possibly have, my DVD burner didnt work until i reinstalled and then it worked fine. So, if after all of that it still isnt working it might be dead. :confused: Also, what kind of cds are you using, are they the right kind and if so are they a good brand?

Office Depot CDs

They are not really cheap, 20 dollars for a 50 pack. However, I do have some highly priced ones I use for music CDs I want the best quailty out of, and they don't work either.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom