Catalyst 4.9 Final in Doom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
After Catalyst 4.9, I still get the same framerate I did in 4.8, but the image quality is much better in Doom 3. I see allot less jaggies even with no AA. I haven't tested it out on other games yet, but hopefully it improves Far Cry as well.

I'm a little confused. The Catalyst....is that a control panel or is it a driver?

Oh yea, I bet ur internet is NOT slower than mine. lol

The Catalyst is the main ATi driver for its video cards. The control panel is the new piece of software that ATi released to assist with overclocking.

P.S. How fast is your internet?

-So the Catalyst and the control panel are two separate things?

-I'm not sure...but we have NetZero ISP (Don't get it). It takes like a full1-5 minutes to load a page most of the time.

Yea, catalyst ad control panel are two seperate things, and I am using Juno, which is the same thing as NetZero. Its supposed to be 5x faster than regular dial-up, but its actually slower.

Just letting y'all know, I get about 10 fps more in Far Cry with Catalyst 4.9 and the image quality is sooo much better.

I also notice that instead of instructing your monitor tube (if using a CRT) to change resolutions, the card itself is changing resolution. I used to hear a clicking noise when the tube was changing, but now it's nice and smooth.

TMT. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom