Cassette to CD burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
Yea, so hi, long time no see, etc etc. :)

My old man has an insanely large cassette collection, and he has decided that he wants to copy as much of them as possible onto cd's

now Im not even sure were to begin with this one, the device doesn't even need to be connected to a computer it can be stand alone.

Any ideas or at least places to look?

Sure I could google it, but I hope someone has better knowledge here.

Currently out of stock, but expected back in on 20 December:
ThinkGeek :: TapeExpress USB Cassette Player

"Product Features

* USB tape player turns music on cassette tapes into MP3s
* Portable design fits in virtually any bag and enables you to play and transfer anywhere
* Battery or USB-powered operation for Mac or PC
* Comes with EZ Tape Converter software to guide you through transfer
* Plays Chrome or Normal cassette tapes
* Audio output enables you to listen on your stereo, headphones, or other speaker systems"

The problem i see is being able to detect the starts and ends of tracks. I remember when I had a Sony mini-disc player*, there was a feature that allowed me to edit the starts and ends of the tracks. There was some thing that would do this automatically as it would detect any 2 second pauses. However I found this was more trouble that it was worth as
- Some songs might have a 2 second silent pause (eg. AC/DC's Jailbreak with "I made it out [insert pause] with a bullet in my back."
- Ministry of sound CD where there are no pauses.

Editing this was rather time consuming.

I did it once using some audio recording software, and a tape deck that had RCA outputs, just used a RCA to 3.5mm adapter (I think that's the size) and then I played the tape on the tape player, and pressed record on the software, it even attempted to find breaks between songs, though, it proved to be annoying somewhat.

The problem i see is being able to detect the starts and ends of tracks. I remember when I had a Sony mini-disc player*, there was a feature that allowed me to edit the starts and ends of the tracks. There was some thing that would do this automatically as it would detect any 2 second pauses. However I found this was more trouble that it was worth as
- Some songs might have a 2 second silent pause (eg. AC/DC's Jailbreak with "I made it out [insert pause] with a bullet in my back."
- Ministry of sound CD where there are no pauses.

Editing this was rather time consuming.

Yea, well, My pa will annoy me more if I don't do it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom