Case wiring. (how to do a good job?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaross

Baseband Member
well, I think I was starting to get the hang of it with my last computer, but im still not entirley sure. is the point of this just so that it looks pretty in there and you can get to stuff or is there more to it like airflow?

With my last case, I put plastic ties on wires that were going to similar places and I tucked what I could behind the drive bays and so on. is that all there really is to it? anyone have a good site for this?

Yes. Neat and tide wiring serves a few purposes.

1.) Better case airflow.
2.) Better side panel window viewing
3.) Wire security.

I use all round IDE cables & floppy cables. UV sensitive.
All my PSU wires have been wire sleeved with UV sensitive.
All fan wires and other front panel wires have been sleeved as well.
I use UV sensitive wire ties and tie off all bunches of wires as close to the chassis as possible.

I spent about 2 hours on wiring with my resent build.

i am not useing any IDE or floppy cables :)

ok sounds good...

god damnit, i foregot about my dvd drive... guess I have one IDE...ya im an idiot..

you don't have a floppy? I put mine in there just for shits and grins. I mean, they're lying around everywhere, and you might use it.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
you don't have a floppy? I put mine in there just for shits and grins. I mean, they're lying around everywhere, and you might use it.

Ryan

I have a floppy dirve in my PC, but its not connected. I haven't had a reason to connect it for over 4 years, i just use a USB Flash drive because their just as easy and your data can't get wiped off of it if you put it in your pocket.

ya pretty much, i dont have a floppy.

I had one in a computer I built/bought in 2002 and for some reason I never could get it to work, but I didnt really care, and ever since then, I have not used a floppy.

I found a good way to tuck the IDE behing my DVD drive, but it wont work if you have 2 drives, alteast it wont work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom