Case wires...needed? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2005, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Case wires...needed?

Hello. I am in the process of building my 1st computer and I currently have 7 case wires not plugged into the motherboard. They are labeled:

I am pretty sure that these are the Front Audio connections, however my mobo manual doesn't clearly explain where these should be hooked onto the motherboard. Here is a link to the mobo manual :

Also, I was wondering if you even need all these connections such as the JP1, JP6,CN13, and CN26. All of these should be found in the manual, however I am not sure what their exact function is.
In the manual it mentions pins named OC#2, X, NC, and a few others. If you could look at this manual and try to help I would be very grateful
Thank you for your help and your patience with my lack of knowledge.

Old 01-20-2005, 11:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Well if you can't figure out the mobo pins (if the manual is too chinese, try emailing them), then try looking at your soundcard. My machine has pins for those connectors on both my soundcard and on my mobo. I use my soundcard and not the onboard sound, so that's where I put the connectors.

Don\'t hate the player...Hate the game...
Old 01-20-2005, 12:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

the manual is in english too. You may have to scroll down to see diagrams of the connections. Someone please help
Closed Thread