case fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you can buy a fan controller later - so you can tune em down when you want to surf the net... or sleep...

Yes, I can!

Vantec Nexus 201 Black
(which can be also bought in silver)
Pretty much all the Thermaltake Hardcano series, and some by Enermax and Cooler Master.

Remember, even if one only has 2 dials, you can always connect your fans in a string and (for example) use one dial for exhaust and one for intake, or something like that.

Go to NewEgg and search for "Fan controllers" and you'll get a huge list of em, or you can click on "Shop By Catagory" (right above search box?) and somewhere is fan controllers.... I believe it's listed under "Accessories -> Controllers, Panels, etc." (which might have a bit more than fan controllers in it.)

Hope you find the one that works for you.

nah, I thought I wouldn't care about noise, but that 80mm tornado is INSANE. and I don't want to wait around until I buy a fan controller which could be close to never. my next paycheck is already spent on other computer parts =)

Hey Nubius, I noticed your profile states you use two "stacked" 80mm fans. I've always thought about doing this, but didnt know how much it would help. Hows it working for ya?

wow compy 3 posts eh lol. And yeah my side fan came in the case as an exhaust and I took an 80mm fan out of my grandma's old 120w PSU (had a 2 pin connecter which fits backwards contrary to my motherboard, but I made it fit on my southbridge fan power connector =D )and yeah put it right ontop of the other. Put some paperclips through the holes for a little security then took electrical tape and stretched it around the edge where the two fans meet. Doubled the exhaust and cooled my CPU and Case down by like 2 degrees. Worked for me =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom