case fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
newbie question
is it better to go for a better fan speed or better air flow for case fans. and what noise(dB0 would be too loud for me, i know that is kind of subjective, but if you guys could tell me what noise is too noisy for you. i could get an estimate

and could you tell me what CFM stands for?

most new fans should not be noisey. and noise is all subjective to the person who will be using the computer anyway. my old computer was way too noisey even in it's desk with the door closed, that was the chip's heatsink fan though, it wasn't seated properlly or something to that effect.

i personaly chose performance over sound...if it bothers you just buy a new one they are only like around 10 bucks.

CFM is a must that you have to look at...that is how much air will be moved around in your case.

i would say air flow because they have 120mm fans that are only runing at like 2500RPM's or some thing like that and there are pullin in about 74 CFM wich is verry good. low RPM's=low dBa's

i only got 80mm fan slot in the back of my case. i guess it will pull less air.
can you tell me how much air should it be pulling in, should there also be a fan which be sucking out air

should i also go for a fan with temperature sensing capability, it goes faster when it is more hot and vice versa.

how many places for a fan do you have total?

you should have an array of sucking a blowing.

for the temp control...that's up to you, i don't care i say if they are runing at full blast the whole that just means your computer will still cooler because it'll still be goin fast...if you want you can get it...i don't know how much more it is.

i just have one place for the fan
it is a stupid case, i plan to get a new case sometime in the future.

that's cool ummm...i feel that you should have it blowing out just to get the hot air out of there...you could try to make a hole for a fan on the side! it's not to hard...just get a 120mm drill bit and drill...i say a 120mm because the ussaly move the most air...if you don't want to do that you can get a fan that moves some thing like 84cfm wich is a lot of air. you should dl mother board monitor 5 and see how hot your case is. but i would say get the 80mm fan that moves 84cfm and have it blow air out...i think that'll work for now. hope that helped :)

I personally just ordered the vantec tornado for a case fan. Has 84.1CFM for the 80mm which I plan on using for the rear of the case to suck air in, I have two fans hooked up to each other for the exhaust so its blowing out double the amount of air it did before. From the reviews that tornado fan is really loud, but like you said thats subjective, I'll probably get it sometime this week. I'll try to let you know just how loud 'loud' is. Of course you need cool air but it also doesn't hurt to have a good exhaust. Pulling out a lot of dead-hot air can make a difference too. I'm personally gonna make a blow-hole at the top of my case. Not sure if I want a 2500rpm-75CFM-120mm fan or get another tornado but the 92mm which pushes 119CFM!! Or so it says....

To sum it up: If you think you don't care TOO much about noise look into high powered fans. If you really want cooling power with air you need fans pushing atleast above 50CFM

i decided to go for something basic, i needed to get some other parts, and those guys sell just one 80 mm fan. i plan to get a nice case for my machine, and then that is when i will go for some good fans. meantime i will just go for a cheap 80 mm fan.

hwo would i know which position to place the fan in so that it would blow air out.

the fan is an akasa, i am not sure if it comes with the screws, what do you guys think?
the site also does screws,
Sharkoon Rubber Bolt Set for Fan Installation
& thumb screws (PC Chassis Screw Type 1)

should i go for this sharkoon thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom