Case Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boleth

Beta member
I'm having a problem with my CPU/Case temp. When I built the computer all I had was a basic fan at the back of the computer and the heatsink, it was my first time so I was groping my way through the dark. So a few weeks ago a particular game (WoW) started crashing after a patch, I blamed their patch as many other people were getting the same problem as me. Eventually I underclocked my CPU and this seemed to do the trick but I decided to invest in more cooling as I thought this could be the problem, and knowing more about it now I embarked on a small spending spree.
I bought 2 new standard case fans (one placed at the front bottom of the case and one placed at the side of the case) a PCI exhaust fan placed under my Radeon 9800, a 9cm neon blue fan which is placed at the rear top of the case and a small tube of Arctic Silver V. I installed all the fans squirted a little ASV onto the diode of the CPU and saw a pretty decent 15C idle drop in my temp.
I still have the same setup, everything is still fully functional (the WoW problem was also fixed) but as I'm typing this I have a 49C CPU temp and a 43C Case temp. I have no programs running except Mozilla, AIM and XFire and obviously the Motherboard Monitor.
This started about 9 days ago and I can't see any reason for this to happen so suddenly. My heatsink still seems to be working as it should (Thermaltake Volcano 11 always at full speed). The only thing I can think which could be wrong is my processor and I really dont wanna buy a new one unless I have to.
My CPU isnt overclocked and I used the "Use optimum settings" option in the BIOS.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be wrong?
I'm stuck, and not really sure what to do.
Could the Arctic Silver V be depleted on the diode?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

*edit* I just underclocked again and as I type my CPU temp is hovering between 47C-48C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom