Case Clean up - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 04:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to Satan666
Question Case Clean up

I was wondering what could i use to clean the inside of my case to make it nice and shiny again, get rid of all the dust and nasty stuff out of the case and off the parts, plz list some materials that i could use.

Old 05-09-2005, 04:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

a can of compressed air. I use my air compressor

Old 05-09-2005, 05:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

take everything out, use compressed air, put everything back in.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/

Ditto on the air. Use lint-free clothes to wipe down exposed surfaces inside the case.

You'd do good to remove the heatsink fan in order to blow out the heatsink itself. Besure to reattach it, and be sure to plug it back in. I am talking about the fan that is screwed onto the top of the heatsink, not the entire heatsink assembly.

Be sure to blow out your PSU while you're at it.

My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Old 05-09-2005, 04:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Trotter
Ditto on the air. Use lint-free clothes to wipe down exposed surfaces inside the case.

You'd do good to remove the heatsink fan in order to blow out the heatsink itself. Besure to reattach it, and be sure to plug it back in. I am talking about the fan that is screwed onto the top of the heatsink, not the entire heatsink assembly.

Be sure to blow out your PSU while you're at it.
I've always blown the air out by the side. I take nothing out. I took a friend's fan out once to clean the sink, but his fan was so fragile that it broke. I had to replace it
Old 05-09-2005, 05:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to Satan666

I know theres like a spray thing that i could use, im not talking about the air compressor, its some kind of lquid thing and it completely cleans the parts and make it all shiny again, does any one know about this object????

By the way thnx everyone for giving me info
Old 05-09-2005, 05:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Satan666
I know theres like a spray thing that i could use, im not talking about the air compressor, its some kind of lquid thing and it completely cleans the parts and make it all shiny again, does any one know about this object????

Contact cleaner. A waste of money unless you are spraying a pointometer. air does the same thing
Old 05-09-2005, 07:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I use a vacuum, not the house ones, the ones for cleaning cars. A hair dryer works too.

Quote:
Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
AB0
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Satan666

http://www.blowoff.com/blowoff/nf_contclnr.html
Old 05-09-2005, 08:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Techie

Compressed air, cuetips, a little rubbing alcohol (for non-circuit parts), and most importantly, not allowing the case to get that dirty to begin with. It is very hard to make a dirty case look clean, and even harder to do the same for a never-cleaned case. Blast that sucker out with air at least once a month, and clean it good every 2 to 3 months.

-----------------------------------------------
Don\'t hate the player...Hate the game...
Closed Thread