Case Clean up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan666

In Runtime
I was wondering what could i use to clean the inside of my case to make it nice and shiny again, get rid of all the dust and nasty stuff out of the case and off the parts, plz list some materials that i could use.

Ditto on the air. Use lint-free clothes to wipe down exposed surfaces inside the case.

You'd do good to remove the heatsink fan in order to blow out the heatsink itself. Besure to reattach it, and be sure to plug it back in. I am talking about the fan that is screwed onto the top of the heatsink, not the entire heatsink assembly.

Be sure to blow out your PSU while you're at it.

Trotter said:
Ditto on the air. Use lint-free clothes to wipe down exposed surfaces inside the case.

You'd do good to remove the heatsink fan in order to blow out the heatsink itself. Besure to reattach it, and be sure to plug it back in. I am talking about the fan that is screwed onto the top of the heatsink, not the entire heatsink assembly.

Be sure to blow out your PSU while you're at it.

I've always blown the air out by the side. I take nothing out. I took a friend's fan out once to clean the sink, but his fan was so fragile that it broke. I had to replace it

I know theres like a spray thing that i could use, im not talking about the air compressor, its some kind of lquid thing and it completely cleans the parts and make it all shiny again, does any one know about this object????

By the way thnx everyone for giving me info :)

Satan666 said:
I know theres like a spray thing that i could use, im not talking about the air compressor, its some kind of lquid thing and it completely cleans the parts and make it all shiny again, does any one know about this object????

By the way thnx everyone for giving me info :)

Contact cleaner. A waste of money unless you are spraying a pointometer. air does the same thing

I use a vacuum, not the house ones, the ones for cleaning cars. A hair dryer works too.

Compressed air, cuetips, a little rubbing alcohol (for non-circuit parts), and most importantly, not allowing the case to get that dirty to begin with. It is very hard to make a dirty case look clean, and even harder to do the same for a never-cleaned case. Blast that sucker out with air at least once a month, and clean it good every 2 to 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom