carputer maybe, screen atleast

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
ok, i have space for a 7inch (ish) screen in my dash. i already have a headunit. i need it primarily for a backup camera. Does anyone have a suggestion on camera and on screen?

also, i could attach it to a carputer. i have a whole computer pretty much laying around i could use. but what uses what i have for it? any ideas?

IF you're looking for just a screen, then definitely a Lilliput.

Have personal experience with this monitor :

____LILLIPUT_______________ VERY great little thing, especially if you're thinking about building a small Carputer.

Zhangzhou Lilliput Electronics Co., Ltd.

If you're looking for an indash headunit, then look into a Kenwood DNX 5120. (Greatly recommended by many) Haven't had much experience with this particular unit, but all Kenwood units I have installed, and played with have been nothing but good.

i know someone who picked up a navigation AV receiver. plays music & dvds, gps turn by turn, msn direct, iphone voice recognize & hands free, and im sure the list goes on.

Pioneer USA - Navigation Receivers

The only thing you have to look out for with Pioneer is bad grounds. If you know car audio, you would know Pioneer is notorious with bad RCA grounds. IF you have a good ground for the headunit, this usually helps A LOT, but most people just want plug and play into the factory harness. Plugging into the factory harness is quite useless if you need a good ground, because they're usually a shared ground, with a sub-par grounding location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom