Cant update to ATI 10.3 drivers from 9.12, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
I've tried this once n i decided to try again just now. When i go to install or uninstall old drivers, the program quits itself. I cannot continue further after that. I remember last time i uninstalled my old drivers once but i still couldnt install the new 10.3 driver. What are my opens to fixing this problem?

EDIT:

i think i need to really clean my system of any viruses n stuff first n see if that helps. Anyone recommend a freeware i can use?

MalwareBytes, CCleaner, Spybot and AVG are my personal choices.

Do you have admin rights? Try running in compatibility mode. Do you get to at least extract the installer to C:\ATI\***? You can at least update the driver if you've been able to extract. The bad thing about that is not being able to update CCC.

MalwareBytes, CCleaner, Spybot and AVG are my personal choices.

Do you have admin rights? Try running in compatibility mode. Do you get to at least extract the installer to C:\ATI\***? You can at least update the driver if you've been able to extract. The bad thing about that is not being able to update CCC.

i can extract it yes. When it goes to the options of Install or Uninstall, it doesnt continue after that. Compatibility mode doesnt work.

That happened to me, got sick of it (and because of other things) I reformated. Solved it for a little while then started again. Now I just manually install and uninstall the drivers through the device manager. The rest of the CCC still works so I just use that version. Trotter has a good point, not sure if I ever tried it in safe mode before though, worth a try if you haven't.

That happened to me, got sick of it (and because of other things) I reformated. Solved it for a little while then started again. Now I just manually install and uninstall the drivers through the device manager. The rest of the CCC still works so I just use that version. Trotter has a good point, not sure if I ever tried it in safe mode before though, worth a try if you haven't.

ah yes good ol' device manager root. I shall try that one.

Safe mode wont do anything for me knowing ive tried before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom