cant startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry5739

In Runtime
i was wondering if anybody can help me with this problem.. when i try to start win2k i get this error messgae.... <windows 2000 root> system32\ntoskrnl.exe. <--it says that file is corrupt or missing...i was wondering if anybody knows how to fix that?? My computer was working fine b4 but after i did some of the windows updates and service packs i got the blue screen of death like 30 times..and now im getting this

im not sure how to edit that....could u tell me the commands i would use while using a bootdisk like the first solution said??

Method 1 assumes that the files is there and the boot.ini is pointing to the wrong directory.

So what you do is start windows with the boot disk
Then go to c:\ open up the boot.ini file
the [Operating System] should look something like this:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect

Note: the partition can change if you have more than one partition of the c: drive, also this may be different if you're not running Windows 2000 professional... I don't have a non-pro machine to test sorry.

i have win2k pro..only 1 partition... whats like the command i will need to type in ... c:\ boot.ini file. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom