Cant Open Programs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanjivraj

Beta member
Hey guys.
ive been having a big problem with my computer for the last while
I'm running windows xp pro.
one day i turned on my computer and tried to open outlook express and i got this error "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search."
then it doesnt allow me to open the program. this happens with ever program that i try to open.
i figured out a way to get by this. instead of double clicking on the program, i right click, then pres "Run As..." and then i use the current user, and i haveto uncheck the radio button.
This works usually, but I still have problems opening programs from other programs, and I haveto do this wierd thing every time, just to open the program.
if you have any idea what to do PLEASE HELP ME
Thanks
Aman

id suggest backing up all your user-created files and doing a fresh install of windows, make sure oyu completely format your harddrive tho... or windows can get some messy results.

amanjivraj said:
Hey guys.
ive been having a big problem with my computer for the last while
I'm running windows xp pro.
one day i turned on my computer and tried to open outlook express and i got this error "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search."
then it doesnt allow me to open the program. this happens with ever program that i try to open.
i figured out a way to get by this. instead of double clicking on the program, i right click, then pres "Run As..." and then i use the current user, and i haveto uncheck the radio button.
This works usually, but I still have problems opening programs from other programs, and I haveto do this wierd thing every time, just to open the program.
if you have any idea what to do PLEASE HELP ME
Thanks
Aman

Sounds like corruption or some kind of exe killer virus. You really should format and reinstall windows.. Make sure you have anti-virus protection and a firewall afterwards..

i wouldnt use the windows integrated firewall however, its reported to have large holes and still allow some remote assistance calls in... good luck. make sure you back up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom