Can't Import Music!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parky-RFC

Baseband Member
Hi guys.

My mate burnt some music on to a disc for me. I want to add the music to my iTunes.

When I stick the disk in and play each song, it is being played through itunes but once the disc is removed I can no longer play the files because they haven't been saved onto the computer.

How do I save the music on my computer? I want to add the music to my iTunes so I don't have to continually insert the disc!

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've never used iTunes for more than 3 minutes, but I am assuming you can just drag and drop the songs into your music library.

It's iTunes, how hard can it be?

I've never used iTunes for more than 3 minutes, but I am assuming you can just drag and drop the songs into your music library.

It's iTunes, how hard can it be?

Thanks for the reply mate but I get the same message.

'''The song ''blah blah blah'' could not be used because the original could not be found''.

Anymore ideas? This, surely has got to be simple? Thanks.

Is it a burnt cd (meaning you can play it in and cd music player) or a cd with a bunch of mp3's on it.
If its the first, you need to ripp the songs off the cd, meaning convert them to mp3's and save them on your harddrive

If it the second, its just a matter of opening the CD contents thru windows explorer, copy the mp3 files (highlight the files and hit ctrl-c) then paste them to your hard drive (anyfolder ctrl-v) Then load them songs in itunes.

iTunes may be adding them to your playlist, but the source of the files will still be the CD drive untill you copy the songs to your harddrive.

Is it a burnt cd (meaning you can play it in and cd music player) or a cd with a bunch of mp3's on it.
If its the first, you need to ripp the songs off the cd, meaning convert them to mp3's and save them on your harddrive

If it the second, its just a matter of opening the CD contents thru windows explorer, copy the mp3 files (highlight the files and hit ctrl-c) then paste them to your hard drive (anyfolder ctrl-v) Then load them songs in itunes.

iTunes may be adding them to your playlist, but the source of the files will still be the CD drive untill you copy the songs to your harddrive.

It was the second. Worked a treat my friend, thank you very, very much! Appreciated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom