can't get second card to work..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bornfidelity.cm

Solid State Member
Hi all of you - I've got a bit of a problem. a few days ago, a friend of mine gave me his spare Geforce4 MX 420.. it didn't work on win98 due to a conflict with a bios-upgrade i had, and couldn't disable, so I upgraded to win2000, and it worked. then i thought, hm, the graphic card i used before, maybe i can put a monitor to that, too (i've got some spare monitors lying around). so i'm checking around on the internet, and everyone's like, sure, just plug it in and it works. but it doesn't.
Two things im not proud of: a) the graphic adapter i was using before is onboard which i know, sucks
and b) my pc (and probably everything in it) is a compaq deskpro (which i know sucks even more).
but when i put in an extra PCI graphical card (the Geforce is AGP) that doesn't work either. in the bios, i can only put either one of them to work (at PCI options i cant get them to work simultanuously) and in win2000 it says that the other card (which is an old S3 32/64) can't be started up (i guess that because my bios isn't allowing that..!)
quite a story im making, but - anyone got a solution? (PS id rather get my onboard adapter to work as second monitor than the S3 32/64, because the onboard supports higher resolution (its just better)).
thanks in advance!

Hmm, why can it not start the second card? Conflict? When you go dual monitor, you configure it within Windows. It's very easy. When you plug in the second card and install all the drivers, Windows more or less configures it automaticallly for you. Then you can go in and further refine your settings.

Reload your drivers, and then try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom