Cant Format Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeboy84

Baseband Member
IN windows i right clicked on my drive that was corrupted and tried to format, however at the last moment before it was finished it said i couldn't finish... Any reason why? Please help Fast!

Are you trying to format your main drive within windows? Or course that cant be done.

When a format cant finish, it's usually because of a bad sector it couldnt recover or something of the like. Try to format it again. Try to format it from the command prompt, using 'Format X:/u" (X being the drive in question)

If that dosent work, try this, but only if you are comfortable with the innerds of your computer.

Take out the drive and place it in the freezer for a few hours. But not if your freezer is old and Frosts. Take it out, and make sure there is not and moisture on it. When it is still cold, plug it in and try it. You will be suprised how often that gets a drive working again.

MAKE SURE THERE IS NO FROST ON IT! And do not leave it in too long, or moisture will start to form. Electronics + water= BAD!

it brings the drive back to life, the cold shrinks the metal, it can fix stuck heads, when the drive shrinks everything goes back in place

what if you put it in a plastic bag? i wish i had have known this earlier, one of my harddrives died and i hada whole bunch of media on it so i just smashed it...oh well, lol

reggie_da_man said:
what if you put it in a plastic bag? i wish i had have known this earlier, one of my harddrives died and i hada whole bunch of media on it so i just smashed it...oh well, lol

that what people with frost freezers do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom