can't find my second hd

Status
Not open for further replies.

mono11

Solid State Member
hi i need some one tpo please help me. i'm running windows xp home edition. what i did i format my c drive never did anything to my d drive infact i tried to take my d drive out on my pc but some how windows won't boot up so i dicide to leave it in ther. well problem that i have is when i click on my computer i can only see one hd. i'm missing my other drive. i notice when i go to dive mang. and i click on disc drives i can see 2 of them but they r name exactly the same. don't know if this info help . thank you

could you please take a screen shot of disk manager and attach it to your post as gif or jpg? what happens if you rename the drive? do they both have drive letters assigned to them? if not letters right click the drive and assign a letter to it.

if you have not formatted the new drive that could be your problem. make sure you know which one it is before formatting

i don't know how to do that on divice manager where it saids disk drivers. if thats where the hard drives supose to be i have 2 of them ther and they r both have the same name. show me hoew to take a picture of it and i'll show u guys also go to computer managment and i can see both of them but the only thing is that my other drive has no letter this is what it said on my drive c it saids DISK 0 basic 111.75 gb online healty sysytem
on the other one it saids DISK 1 basic 111.76 gb online "unallocated" thats the word unallocted show me how to take picture and i'll send it to u guys .. thanks for ur help

ok this is similar what it looks like except both of mine r 120 gigs. see i think reformating the unallocated drive will fix the problem but the thing is that i have alot of importont dats in their. don't wanna loss it. tried to take the unallacoted drive out of my pc but my windows won't load with out it .

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 36
At startup. Blackscreen displaying memory test etc. also shows which drives it found on your computer.
If one of the drives is not found here your need to change some settings in your BIOS. check the manual of motherboard for info.

unallocated means parts of your storage space has not been formatted with a filing system. the disk that is unallocated is the new hard disk? to allocate space to it you must right click and select format.

to take a snapshot press the print screen key and paste it into MS paint in all programs> accessories. save it as a jpeg or gif, whichever is smaller file size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom