can't find it

Status
Not open for further replies.

scroudt

In Runtime
hey all,
how to I find out stats on my CPU, motherboard, Ram, and video card?
I want to look into overclocking a little bit, but I want to know what I have before I start looking into it. Mostly because I may need help and want to be able to give accurate figures and numbers when asked.
thanks

Hello,

There are programs that you can use to find this info. CPUz, Belarc Advisor, SiSoftware Sandra, Everst are among the most well known to do this.

Cheers,
Mak

if you don't know already, chances are you have a prebuilt. If it is(dell, hp, gateway...etc) then you won't be doing any overlocking....

Mac listed a lot of good software, GPUz is another one i think

I don't have a prebuilt, I built it myself. I chose every component myself and put most of it together. the only thing that I didn't install was putting the motherboard into the case and installing the CPU. only because I bought them at the same place and they put it in before they sent it out.

I didn't know because most of my computer is almost 5 years old now.

download cpuz, that should tell u pretty much everything you need to know. Coretemp is good for temps, do u have your stock cooler or aftermarket?

@waffle :apparently a lot of dells now a days do not have the overclocking lock on them (infact im helping someone oc right now on a dell)

Then you should definitely look into buying an aftermarket cooler before ocing. As the stock heatsink will severely limit your overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom