can't decide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasaid

Fully Optimized
ok, i've read all the junk b/w 6600gt and x800, etc.

i was gonna go for 6600gt, but now i see x800 is only a few dollars more. and to add to my confusion, someone said don't buy any cards since x900 something is coming out tomorrow... does that mean the other vid cards are gonna be cheaper? or is this of no relevence to me since i in no way have that kind of money? anyways... the website im lookin at is

http://www.canadacomputers.com

these are my options... (as of tonight, hehe):

note: all in Canadian Dollars.

Sapphire Radeon X800 256MB GDDR3 256Bit PCI-Express x16 S-Video Out Retail Version $265.00

Gigabyte GeForce 6600GT 128MB DDR3 PCI-E 16X w/ TV-Out, DVI (GV-NX66T128D) $215.99

gigabyte simply cuz its hte cheapest one.

orr.. this one from ncix.com

eVGA E-GEFORCE 6600GT 128M DDR3 PCI-E VGA DVI HD OUT VIDEO CARD $239.97

ok so these are my options.. difference b/w evga and x800 is only about 25$CAD. is it worth it? is it overclockable? (unlikely that i would overclock it anyways.. unless it turns out ot be really easy..)

alright, help me make up my mind! im close to putting my computer together!

The x800 is a bad choice. Lack of software support and a lot of the games don't play well on it at all right now.

The 6600GT is VERY overclockable, the eVGA is best, but Giga-Byte is also solid, on that price difference, I would just go with the Giga-byte.

aww.. i was hoping you guys would suggest the x800, hehe.. but ok, this way i save precious $$!

ok so here's another thing... should i buy my stuff online.. a canadian dealer.. or should i go to a local store? the prices are almost the same, except with the online store, they only charge gst, no pst.. which is 7%.. i save a good chunk of money... $40 or so... i donno.. where should i buy from?

Just noticed you in Vancouver. I use these guys mostly on Bridgeport Rd, Richmond. They are the best priced. Usually cheaper then NCIX.

http://www.a-power.com/

$219 for the leadtek 6600gt.
$225 for the MSI 6600gt.

Their online purchases are higher priced, so go pick one up and save on shipping costs . They also have a store in Van as well.

hmm a bit too late.. hehe.. i already bought it online.. the gigabyte one for $215... and i don't pay shipping, and i don't pay PST.

but how do you know the online prices are higher? i've been there before, and they didn't really have cheap prices. i know cancomputer.com is like right across the street from them, and they're cheaper. but still.. my friend said a-power have really good customer service, unlike cancomputer.. but ya.. OH WELL, TOO LATE.. hehe.. im happy tho, i think i got good deal. this is what i bought..

msi nforce4 mobo
gigabyte 6600gt pci-express vid card
ocz premier 1gb pc3200 ram
amd 3000+ venice.

total came out to $701.88 (including taxes)

so im happy.. and since i have no experience putting stuff together, i'll get my friend to do it.. but ya.. thx for hte help every1. i asked a lot of questions, and i feel i made a good purchase.

thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom