Cant connect laptop to to tv via hdmi cable - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Cant connect laptop to to tv via hdmi cable

Hi Ive been trying to connect my Dell xps1701 laptop to to my samsung hd tv but for some reason the tv is not receiving the signal. If I connect my xbox or dvd player the tv sees them no problem . I have a panasonic tv in the living room and can connect my laptop to that tv no problem. I have tried adjusting the resolution , duplicating the screen and even reinstalling the graphics card drivers but nothing seems to work . Can anyone please help me ?

Old 09-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Default Re: Cant connect laptop to to tv via hdmi cable

I never have plugged in a hdmi cable to my tv or laptop, but if you read this thread here it should work out for you fairly easily.

Connecting Laptop to TV using HDMI Port |
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On