Status
Not open for further replies.

wah

Solid State Member
i got this board today.
i only managed to boot up 3 times.

first it managed to boot up.
it counted memory.
and i shuted it down because i wanted to put a screw on it.
then it wont boot.

after some hours i can boot it up again. but didn't have the keyboard plugged in. so i shuted it down again.
then it wouldnt boot.

after some hours again i managed to boot again.
this time i had my keyboard plugged.
and i came into bios.
i saved some basic changed and exit.
then it shuted down again.
and wont boot.

i think i got a currupted bios.
what can i do?

//xp 1800+
80 western digital
512 ddr twinmos ram
32 mb pci geforce//

-----

the pc stops on this screen! why??

DSC02216.JPG

and the cpu frequency is 166 mhz :\
shouldnt it be 133? :confused:

i have tried to clear cmos.... :(

the max speed on this board is 400 mhz.

and i get 2 beeps.
1 short then 1 a bit longer. :\

Ive been having a similar problem with my A7N8X-X...

When i try to boot up i get a continuous beeping, long beeps, it doesnt even get a picture up on the monitor, and ive tested the ram and know thats OK... i haven't got another computer to test my processor or anything else against... so i cant find out wots wrong...

any ideas?

msj_wozere said:
Ive been having a similar problem with my A7N8X-X...

When i try to boot up i get a continuous beeping, long beeps, it doesnt even get a picture up on the monitor, and ive tested the ram and know thats OK... i haven't got another computer to test my processor or anything else against... so i cant find out wots wrong...

any ideas?

Make 100% sure that it your RAM is in right. I didn't have it in right on my first boot with an A7N8X (standard), and I was scared crapless that I had made a big boo-boo. Press down on it, see if it goes in further. Spin it around, and make sure that it is in the right position.

Cheers.

In your system specs up top you don't mention memory speed. Is it DDR400/PC3200 DDR?

I'm willing to bet that it is and it's overclocked PC2700 memory and not true PC3200.

There are only a few memory modules that are compatable with that board when using PC3200. You probably don't have one of them.

I have same motherboard, running an xp2400+ processor with 512MB DDR PC3200 RAM and I did not have any problems in getting this system working, I just built it last weekend. It is most probably your RAM that is in bad shape. Also, if you're plugging in only one memory module, make sure that it is in DIMM SOCKET 1.

Oh - by the way, your CPU frequency should be one-half of the CPU FSB. I believe the FSB of your 1800+ is 266MHz, so your frequency should be set at 133, not 166.

yes, your frequency should be set at 133 and your multilier should be 11.5x. and i have the a7v8x-x which i think is quite close to yours. i have had no problems with mine. except when i first installed it i didn't put the risers ont he case so it was grounded. and it didn't start up at all. think maybe there is something touching the mobo that's attached to the case which is grounding it? i would take it apart and put it in again making sure nothing is touching

bandage_boy said:
i have had no problems with mine. except when i first installed it i didn't put the risers ont he case so it was grounded. and it didn't start up at all.

Ahahahaha!!! I did the same exact thing - but, unfortunately for me, it blew out my PS. I called my friends in shambles at three in the morning, not sure what to do...it was quite a blast! :D

Well, the computer does work fine now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom