Cant access BIOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense, DOS dosent support USB. Whoever created the USB keyboard didnt create it for techs, just for the end user who needed something that can plug in easily. But yes, that was a very good thing to point out. Nobody asked the simplist of al questions though, although I am guilty of that as well. Does the keyboard work? Does the DEL key on it work? Try a different keyboard, maybe it is the DEL key. most of the time the easiest solution is the most effective. Some straight up MythBusters knowledge dropped up in this piece.

Well, I was able to access it the first time using a usb keyboard. I didn't change anything in BIOS and I selected "Exit without saving". I'll try all of the suggestions here. Thanks for the feedback.

You can access the bios using a USB keyboard but you need to have USB legacy enabled in the bios first.

What might have happened is this :

USB legacy WAS enabled originally, hence bios was accessible first time round. When windows first loads with the USB keyboard attached however, it often disables the leagcy setting in the bios to allow 32 bit drivers to work.
Windows is then supposed to re-enable this setting the next time you reboot into DOS mode (unless the port I/O settings or the resources assigned to USB host controller have changed. In which case it can't re-enable it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom