Cant access BIOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot7800GT

Daemon Poster
Ok, so I recently got interested in OCing and wanted to access the BIOS/CMOS. I looked at my mobo manual and it said to press delete during the power on self test. I did and it worked...once. Now I can't access the BIOS. I press delete and nothing happens, it just keeps booting up. I've also tried pressing F1, F2, etc. Can somebody help me please! Is there an alternate way to access BIOS?

lol, your just not pressing it at the right time, or maybe your delete ke is broken?,lol!?

If its just the bios you can't access then i wouldn't be too worried.

McKlaxxhammer said:

If its just the bios you can't access then i wouldn't be too worried.

Fool. It is 'just' the bios, but this is the bios dude. That cant be good. As soon as you turn on your computer, immediately and repeatedly start to hit the del key. Keep doing it until you get into the BIOS, or until you get to the Windows splash screen. What MoBo do you have? Need some system specs here, dude.

What was it that you did the first time you entered the BIOS? Did, you bump up the speed too much or do the wrong thing maybe? If you messed with the clock and the mulitplier, do you have a good cooling system set up? If you OC, you cantt simply use the stock cooling system. Water cooled is what you want to do if you're OC'ing. Make sure you really know what you are doing too. Maybe you would want to talk to some of the elites up in here about OCing.

If you're sure the DEL key is working & pressing it repeatedly isn't getting you into the bios, then only other thing you could try is clearing the CMOS.
Do this using the Clear CMOS jumper on the mobo. You may find that doing this causes the system to pause when you power it on & display a message about CMOS or CPU settings being changed. It should then let you go into the bios. Be warned however that clearing the cmos will reset all settings back to factory defaults.

Also, are you using a USB keyboard? If so, try a PS2 keyboard first before clearing the cmos & see if this helps.

Also, are you using a USB keyboard? If so, try a PS2 keyboard first before clearing the cmos & see if this helps
Good thing to point out there. I don't think I've ever been able to get into a BIOS with a USB keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom