Canon MP730 Doesn't Print Scans Properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

WendyW

Beta member
Hi,

I'm really hoping someone can help me. I'm by no means really proficient with printers and a client of mine (I train people on software) is having problems with their printer and have asked me for some help. I think I am in over my head but if someone can point me in the right direction, that would be really great.

They have a Canon MP730 which works perfectly except that when you try to print a file that was scanned and e-mailed, it prints extremely slowly and really light. You can see the image but its really faint. It doesn't seem to matter if it was scanned as a JPG, TIFF or PDF. And its from anyone who scans and sends the file, not just one person's computer. We have tried opening and printing the files using different software apps and that doesn't make any difference.

The unit prints all other files just fine (xls, doc and pdfs that weren't scans). I'm not sure what I'm missing here but I would really like to try and help him as he uses the printer for business purposes and often needs to print scanned files.

Thanks for your time!
Wendy

Check the printer settings or properties. It may be set to something similar to "ink saving" for printing image files.
Change some settings to quality instead of draft and see if the issue improves.
I have had the issue of my printer printing certain lines very lightly unless it was on quality printing.

Thanks for the suggestion GhOsT. I seem to recall setting it to "normal" print quality when I last tried it. I'll see if changing it to high quality makes any difference.

Thanks!
Wendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom