Canon or Fujitsu scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinnerman

Solid State Member
A client wants to purchase a document scanner for archiving stacks of paper documents. The preferred price range is $400-$700. It needs to be relatively quick, scan directly to PDF and handle duplexing. Reliable tech support is, as always, a consideration.

I have narrowed it down to the Canon DR 2080C and the Fujitsu ScanSnap fi-5110EOX scanners.

The big problem with the Fujitsu is that it uses proprietary drivers and is not TWAIN or ISIS compatible. That scares me. It does come with a full version of Adobe Acrobat, which is worth almost the price of the scanner in itself.

The Canon is a little faster, but it is more expensive and, frankly, I have had bad luck with Canon products and tech support. This was years ago, though. It is, however, TWAIN and ISIS compatible.

I suppose that if the proprietary Fujitsu driver does everything they need to do, it's not that big a deal.

What do you guys think? Does one of these jump out at you? Do you have another good solution I should consider?

Here's a link to an Epinions comparison of the two:
Epinions comparison

Thank you!

Just Bought the Fujitsu

Just purchased the Fujitsu SnapScan as described above from NewEgg.. priced at $379.00 plus tax, with a $50 Mail In Rebate (bringing it down to $329.00). Cheapest deal I could find on the Net.
Friend from the office has one, and is excellent for single & duplex multi-scanning, as it uses a fax/printer type feeder with ease of use... and fast as hell!! Scans several sheets faster than a fax using memory-dial!! Instantly converts and downloads as PDF file as soon as each paper is fed.
Anyone else have one of these???

CANON!!

They have been doing the technology for years, and they are doing it worldwide.

I was not aware that Fujitsu was doing scanners.

Harper said:
CANON!!

They have been doing the technology for years, and they are doing it worldwide.

I was not aware that Fujitsu was doing scanners.

Didn't know either til I saw my friend's... can't find any other scanner like it. It feeds like a printer/fax machine and scans faster than a fax takes to read documents. Instant PDF conversion. And Adobe Acrobat 7.0 is included. Should arrive today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom