Cannot get a backslash displayed.

barrykap

Beta member
Hi all.

My first post on here. Hope you can help me.

I have three PC's all connected to the same keyboard and mouse via a 3-way PS2 KVM switch.

One PC is running Windows 7 and the other two Windows XP.

All have worked faultlessly until I recently changed one of the XP machines to a brand new one with a brand new installation of XP ( I prefer to use Outlook Express only available in XP).

As this PC has a USB socket on the mobo for keyboard/mouse dual connection, I bought a USB-to-twinPS2 adaptor and fitted that between this new PC and the KVM switch.

At first evreything seemed fine.

But I have discovered that I cannot now display a backslash with the new PC. (\)

I set the PC up precisely the same as my old one with UK keyboard driver and languge settings etc so I can only assume it is something to do with the USB connection.

But why just this one solitary key? All the others are fine, including the correct display of '£' and '#' symbols etc

Nothing at all appears when I press the backslash key and can only get it displayed by using the ALT-92 method, which is a BIND, because I do a lot of Dos and HTML coding which requires a LOT of backslashes.

Can anyone help here?

Thanks.

Barry

Back
Top Bottom