Cannot burn DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mataharimata

Solid State Member
Hi eveyone,
I am facing another challenge with burning DVDs... I cannot burn on the second laptop that I have. The thing is that I bought this second laptop in the US and I am based in Europe. Ever since I got it I have never been able to burn a DVD from a VIDEO_TS folder, I always had to convert it into an image file with DVD Schrink and then was able to burn it with DVD Decrypter.
Now, as this laptop is running out of space I wanted to just burn movie files but as data, just to save space, and just to be able to watch the files on the laptop... just simple and easy to also save time with encoding, making the DVDs and then converting then into image files.
I tried a few times to burn the data files on a DVD with Nero but every time just at 99% it fails. When I check the disks, they are 100% used but I cannot see any content on them. I thought that it might be a problem with the DVD manufacturer, so I tried different kind of brands. I also tried moving the files into my other laptop, managed to burn a data DVD, but then I cannot see the files ones I insert the DVD into the second laptop. So basically I am stuck with no space on the second laptop and have no way of getting the files off and burning then on a data DVD. I believe that to be able to view the data files on that second laptop, I do have to burn then on it, but I cannot... I really think that there is something wrong with the CD-RW/DVD-ROM / burner. And also I believe that it experiences a conflict, as it is a US laptop funcioning in Europe, may be...
Just in case here are the specs from the second laptop:
Sony VAIO K17 (PCGK17) PC Notebook
Processor Intel Pentium 4 3.06 GHz
Mobile Technology Wi-Fi Certified
Installed Memory 512 MB (DDR SDRAM)
Display 15.00 in. XGA TFT LCD
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home
Processor Type Pentium 4
Processor Manufacturer Intel
Processor Speed 3.06 GHz
Processor Number 532
Motherboard
Bus Speed 533 MHz
Display Tech XGA TFT LCD
Display Size 15.00 in.
Display Color Support 24-bit (16.7 million colors)
Display Max. Resolution 1024 x 768
System
Expandability 1 x Type III PC Card Slot, 1 x Memory Stick PRO
Expansion Ports 3 x USB 2.0, 1 x IEEE 1394a (FireWire), VGA out, Parallel Port, RJ-11 (modem), RJ-45 (NIC)
Hard Drive
Hard Drive Capacity 80 GB
Hard Drive Rotation Speed 4200 RPM
Storage Controller Type EIDE
Memory
Installed RAM 512 MB
RAM Technology DDR SDRAM
Max Supported RAM 1024 MB
Installed Cache Memory 512 KB
CD / DVD
CD / DVD Type CD-RW/DVD-ROM
Optical Drive Read Speed 24x (CD) • 8x (DVD)
Optical Drive Write Speed 24x (CD) • 4x (CD)
Optical Drive ReWrite Speed 10x (CD-RW)
Video
Graphic Processor ATI MOBILITY RADEON IGP 345M
Audio
Audio Input Type Microphone
Audio Output Type Headphones • Sound card

Can anyone please help me or advise me on what to do?
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom