Cannot Boot From XP CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgk111

Beta member
Heya guys and gals,

Welp I have one problem that has breeded several problems. The immediate one is that I cannot currently boot from my Windows XP CD. I get to the point where my computer would NORMALLY say press any key to boot from CD, but I instead get "No Emulation" and it just sits there. This all came about because I first had the problem that my SATA hard drive ceased working. I turned it off for a weekend and went out of town, and when I got back and tried to boot up, my hard drive would get to the Windows loading screen, then restart the boot. My BIOS is not reading a hard drive, but when I boot I can see that the boot up recognizes the hard drive as its name is written somewhere ( I forget where). I did something that now makes it not even boot up past the "No emulation" screen. Im using an old hard drive so I know everything else down in the Tower is working. The idea that I got was that I needed to reload the VIA RAID drivers onto the hard drive via the XP CD and a flopppy like I had to do when I first got the SATA Hard drive, but since I cant boot from the XP cd I cant get to that point. Its been suggested also that some MBR files are screwed up..but well, maybe you guys can shed some light, below are my system specs.

ASUS A7v600
AMD 2200 XP
ABIT Radeon 9600 256DDR
512 DDR Ram in two different sets of 256 chips (I tried switching around the ram slots to all different variations to get to BOOT, but it didnt work)
other compenents that I dont imagine matter.

PLEASE help me out, this is a college computer and I have alot of important data that I cant get to :-(, perhaps also you guys could suggest how to run the SATA slave to a normal IDE HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom