Can you roll back to DX10 from DX11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I have windows 7 64-bit and got a new video card, gtx 470. I heard that DX11 can cut down performance a bit/still needs some tweaking, is there any way I can get DX10 running instead? I have been searching all over google for a download or something... nothing... A link would be GREAT! Thanks always tech-forums!

How would I do that in a game like bad company 2 or APB? I feellike with my specs (in sig plus a gtx470) I should have more than 30-38 fps in bad company 2, vsync off). Is it true dx11 kills performance at the moment?

Your card should be able to play BC2 at the "High" settings. I don't play either of those games to give you advise on the exact setting to try. Have you tried the new Nvidia 258.98 drivers yet? NVIDIA DRIVERS 258.96 WHQL

The biggest issue I see with your system is the dual-core cpu. Most newer game will utilize 4 cores if there available and it helps. Plus the extra cpu power helps the video card develop more video bandwidth. Even with your cpu at 4GHz I think it's causing a bottleneck. An i5 750 would make a believer out of you. I went from a QX9650 to my i7 920 and the saying the difference was noticeable is an understatement.

Some features of DX11 will cause a lose of frames. That happens with every new version of DX and the new features that come with it. If the game your playing has a option (DX11) for Advanced Depth of Field you should try disabling it as it will impact the system pretty harshly.

haha my signature needed to be updated, not running 4ghz anymore, stock 3ghz now. I will give those new drivers a shot. I havnt seen any advanced depth of field options in either APB or bad company 2. Keep in mind I only run these at 1360x768 resolution on my hdtv. I would LOVE to get a new motherboard, but then I would need new everything, dont have the money for that and probably wont until next summer or if I win the lottery lol. hmm I just expected more out of my pc :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom