Can you recommend an LCD monitor for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

copywise

Beta member
I want a 17 or 19 inch LCD to use with my laptop. Mostly for text, some occasional, very simple photo editing, but crisp text is key issue. Want one that can rotate to portrait mode. And preferably, under $400.

Thanks for your input!

You probably won't find a 19 inch under $400. Most LCDs are very similar. Getting one that physically rotates may be difficult.

I've used LG LCDs before, and I found them to be really nice. I think the model # I was using was 1710 or something like that. You couldnt rotate it though :(

One thing to remember with LCDs: Make sure you set them to their Native Resolution, or else the picture is really grainy.

i have a samsun 710n. it's a really nice 17" with a 12ms response time. plus it's less than $250 from newegg

woot6600GT said:
You probably won't find a 19 inch under $400. Most LCDs are very similar. Getting one that physically rotates may be difficult.

Yes, I know that's a pretty low range. But with rebates and so forth, I'm figuring I may eventually find something. E.g., the LG l1980u at tigerdirect.com is under $400 with a $150 rebate right now.

Anyone know if that model is LG l1980u is good with text? I like that the pivot software on that model automatically detects and adjusts to portrait format when it is rotated.

Also, how about the Dell UltraSharp 1905fp? Is that good for text?

Thanks all!

In another forum someone wrote this:

"as for CLEAR TEXT all you need is TWEAKXP/cleartype monitor
IT'LL make the text dark and sharp and easy to read."

Does anyone here know anything about this?

Aha! I see. In fact, it's already on my laptop.
So really, any LCD should be fine for text, as long as I employ ClearType.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom