Can you brighten an old monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
actualy if you are grounded you will die err. well a better chance of death that is. the voltage from the mains in the monitor is respect to ground so if you make a path to ground the current will use your body as a means to complete its path. as for the high voltage, if you only use one hand while youre in the monitor you should be safe, because that voltage is isolated by the power transformer, but even using one had as to not complete a path youl know it when it hits you, ive been shocked by the HV transistor a couple times and it aint fun i tell ya. but if you got a nice open workspace, and good lighting and arent utterly tired you should be fine, just dont get your witts up above you. as for adjusting the wrong potentiomenter, theres no worry there, you will just get an undesired effect on the screen, in wich case you just turn it back the way it was.
peace out.

all I can say is I had the same issue. Turned out to be my video card. Make sure you elimenate that by either swapping the video card, or testing another monitor. :)

Hey 180...yeah busted a few mirrors in the past working in the q.c. dept of a tech shop, your on the right track there aint fun!
ZZZAAAPPP! ! !
although this will get the crt running again it will not do the trick for long, when you do that you start to draw more current than is desiriable and burnout is sure to happen. i have an old max-tech i did that to and its back to fuzzy and dark, not 6 months later.
best bet with todays prices ...get a new one. and yes you may want to make sure your vid card is ok by using a different one you know is good first...better take the cheaper way first if you happen to have a second vidieo card just laying around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom