can you believe it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is usually hard to find (read expensive) a board for an athlon that has 4 dimms, whereas a P4 board with 4 dimms is now commonplace

i think i might have finally decided on a mobo/proc combo (i might even get the case they have) http://www.partspc.com/Recommend.php?ID=3 its soooo cheap and a really good deal (i just found out i needed a raid controller built onto the mobo) and i can get the 512k northwood core upgrade for only $15

and at only $405 for the mobo, proc, heatsink and fan, case w/ a 400 watt power supply, 2 year warranty, pretest and 512k northwood core i cant really beat that deal

i really have finally decided on a mobo im getting an 865pe neo-2 its got everything i want (including the price tag) its only $90 on pricewatch

that is a P4 mobo, and if i go with the ls instead of the s, ill have onboard gigabit lan, i still havent decided which of the neo-2s i will get, but i am definately going with a P4

i believe i have actually decided on a combo, im going to go with the 865pe neo2-fis2r check it out, its pretty badass and only $120, plus im going with a P4 2.4GHz proc w/ a 800MHz FSB

yeah anything over 2.6GHz is a bit ridiculous still, but the reason im buying such a good mobo is cuz i want to be able to put a 3.2GHz chip in it when they come down, and that one will support any chip w/ a 800MHz FSB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom