Can a MoBo Lan cause system hangups? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2004, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Can a MoBo Lan cause system hangups?

Well, got home for break and replaced the PSU... wow, the computer works for the 20+ hours i put it through 'testing' (meaning games) ... awesome, no way it would've gone more than an hour without a freeze!

Tonight I finally got around to hooking it up to the cable internet... oh it froze again RIGHT AWAY (5 mins into surfing the web) ... it was the lan all along i suppose and not the PSU/RAM/Harddrive all the things I bought...

I am 99% sure I had the updated drivers since they're saved on my desktop.. I could've forgotten to install them but unlikely. Still reupdated and now I wait.

Any idea how the LAN connect could be causing system crashes?

Old 12-20-2004, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

hey i have lan internet, hooked up through a USB connection in the back of my PC. I used to have problems with my computer starting up. Like it just would not start up, or it would freeze when it was starting up, or just have the little white curser blinking, and for some reason if i unplugged the LAN modem from the USB port, then it would boot up and run fine ? wicked weird problem. Has not happend in like 3 years though.

Old 12-20-2004, 08:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

oh mobo is gigabyte 7nf-rz, built in lan. completely new. running windows xp SP2

okay is definitely the LAN itself or something HATING being connected to the internet, it has happened twice in 30 mins whereas in 4 days with no internet... never once. so yeah.

any idea guys? this could be a software problem and maybe I should go there. new driver did nothing. trying a new LAN card now
Closed Thread