Can install 98 but not XP and 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
try underclocking your cpu in your bios.. the temps are way too high just to be in bios.. open your computer case, stick a fan there, do you have a HS/fan on your cpu? amd's overheat like a mofo but 63 is over the top.. if you have a "safe heat sensor" enabled in your bios, it could be just a simple issue of when you are installing xp or 2000 your cpu gets to like 65-66 celcius and the bios iTSELF is giving you the error beacuse of risk of it burning out on you..

Goto into bios, check to see if the hgih temp fail feature is on (or whatever its called) underclock your cpu by a bit, and try installing again.

hey xxdryicexx this was all done before...testing the overheating and everything...the shut down temp is 73c so if what u r saying is it's too hot then im just going to send the chip back ebcause microcenter said they never saw a cpu so hot and weren sure if it was the chip or the board...well it looks like it's the chip...so ill send that back and see if that solves the problem...unless anyone else knows what the problem is...thanks

scott

yea, if you have decent air flow in your case, a decent heatsink/fan on your cpu and even tried underclocking and its still overheating then its definitly a faulty chip.. no explenation for it going that high.

damn, thats hot. Yeah, return the sucker. also, adequate airflow is a must. Active heat sinks and such. 4in1 drivers (for boards like the VIA) are MBD driver sets. The update you MBD chipsets, like controller chipset, miniport (for AGP and such), IDE controllers, etc...

thanks killians im going to send it back...air flow is good i have a nice fan and heat sink, and about 6 other fans in the case...ill let you know what happens.

scott

update

hey everyone i just wanted to post an update...so i send my chip back for the barton 2500 and it turns out it was not the chip...same problem..and still overheating. so im asking for more help...has it got to be my ram? can ram cause all these problems here is the error im getting on 2000 start up and xp install.

stop: 0x0000001e (0xc0000005, 0cbffckd7, 0x00000000)

address bffc1cd7 datestump 382a167c - acpi.sys

thanks for any help.

scott

ps let me know if u need more info.

Okay, do this. Restart the installation. When you see press F6 for 3rd party drivers, instead press F5 and it will load the standard HAL (hardware abstraction layer). Also remove any ISA cards. However, yes to me if you keep getting the ASPI.sys error it sounds like bad memory. Try running memtest on it, of course even memtest may not find faulty memory. Best thing is swap it out with a known good mem module. You can also disable cache, it maybe SLOW, but it hopefully should help finish the installation.

hey killians45, just tried that and it gave me two options one for other (which was for if i had a manufactors disk) and the other was for regualr pc, so i did regular pc and same thing happened as soon as it went to starting windows it crashed and my overheat alarm went off....it has to be the ram

scott

Yep, I'd agree. One other thing to try though. Go into the bios and disable the following: ACPI (advanced configuration and power interface), the shadow cache, PXE boot option/LAN boot, and also the F5. I think its the memory, but if you can be saved some money, what the hell. Dont do the shadow cache yet, do the others first as cache would be doubtful since the MBD has already been rpl'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom