Can I use a case from around 1995 on a modern day rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quartz01

In Runtime
Hey guys.

I recently went through my closet and found a bunch of older computer parts. In fact I am just need to spend $100 on parts and I can put together another computer. One of the parts that I want to use belonged to my old, old computer. A PII 233mhz, 64mb RAM computer. Its so old that it even has a Turbo button on the case. Its a smaller case. It stands vertically. Sorry I cannot provide much more information.

Anyways, will I be able to use this case on the computer I am thinking of making? I am just worried that the screw layout might have changed over the past 10 years.

Thanks alot

No it wont work because for one thats a P1 cpu and for 2 you cant use AT cases on ATX motherboards. sorry, i put thos ehtings together on a daily basis now and i can assure you it wont work.

im not sure when the introduction of atx was. but assuming i read correctly and its not a misprint that says pII not PI and i do know that ATX was around before socket 7 and the PII were phased out. my PII is an atx m/b it has both connectors for either an atx or at psu with jumpers to select. basically look at the psu connector and see if its at or atx, at will have 2 side by side plugs to one set of pins where as atx will be just one connector

You can't use a 1995 case with 2005 components because they'll fight. First it'll be the music, then the literature, then on to politics and food...It'll never end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom