Can I recover any data from these Hard Drives?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mx416

Baseband Member
The first hard drive is unpartitioned space. It still has all the data on it. I was going to reformat and I stopped after selecting it as unpartitioned space before it was formatted. it is a laptop HD, so I know I have to buy an adapter to hook it up to the desktop, but will I be able to get all my data off of it or is it a lost hope?

On the second one, its an external HD and some moron (me) plugged in the power cord backwards. Now the light comes on on the case, but when I connect it to the computer, it doesn't show that it sees the hard drive. Did I mess this up? Can I get any of the data off of this one?

I seem to be an expert at messing up computers :mad: Thanks for any replys in advance

i've once put the ide cable in backwards...light up the hd led, but couldn't find the drive (just like a floppy drive). no further harm was done. turned the cable and the drive was ok. never managed to plug the power cord in backwards! ...you're talented. ;)

what comes to the data recovering...when i had to do some of that, I used a recovery proggie called tiramisu: http://www.totalshareware.com/Asp/detail_view.asp?application=333

was bit of a hassle but got the important files back with it. although i believe my file system back then was fat32, i dunno if tiramisu works with ntfs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom