Can i put my computer in a balcony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

felipe_posada

Beta member
Well, i live in an apartment i would really like to know if i can put my computer in the balcony, it is outside, i dont know if maybe humidity will damage it.
so...
can i?
thank you.

felipe

well, I don't see why not as long as you are protected from Rain and wind. They system should work fine. The only concern I would have is filtration. You will get a lot more dust if it's outside, so some kind of air filtration would be good.

I would concur. The only thing is, I'd still have it in some kind of cabinet or something, so that if there's a freak hail storm, or something along the lines, its protected

Can I place bet on how long it's going to last out side........

..... before some one knocks it off?

Leaving COMPUTER (Laptop or Otherwise) in an outside environment is a bad idea.

Yea, lol, I agree. You haven't mentioned where you are from but all you needed to mention were the weather elements. Not that it would be ok in another area and also outside.....but "outside" is generally a bad idea.
I've used PCs outside before for parties and whatnot and I find that they are just attractions for bad earth, wind, and other elements....no good.

-Mike

LOL - outside on the balcony eh? ... that's a good one. Next thing you know people will be asking if placing the PC in the bathtub while taking a shower will be a good idea. LOL.

Lone Wolf said:
LOL - outside on the balcony eh? ... that's a good one. Next thing you know people will be asking if placing the PC in the bathtub while taking a shower will be a good idea. LOL.

It's been done, more like a computer encased in a window behind a protective glass or plastic (I forgot which). IF only I could find the site it was on :( .... If you have seen the plasma they showed on techtv a while back, it was in the tub, same principle.

modemide said:
It's been done, more like a computer encased in a window behind a protective glass or plastic (I forgot which). IF only I could find the site it was on :( .... If you have seen the plasma they showed on techtv a while back, it was in the tub, same principle.

yeah well that's for extreme mods or specially designed cases, i assure you if you did that with your typical home PC, it will be toast.

Lone Wolf said:
yeah well that's for extreme mods or specially designed cases, i assure you if you did that with your typical home PC, it will be toast.

Yeah ... but what a great idea for the email/IM junkie in all of us :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom