Can this CPU be removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
I have a Compaq Armada M700 Laptop and was wondering if the CPu can be removed and switched with a new one? I wenton the net and the only thing i could find under its name was the whole mother board with a CPU and for 1ghz thats gonna run my about 1000 bucks (might as well just get a bare bone desktop for that and start upgrading). So i was wondering if i need to get the whole mother board or should i just buy a pentium 3 1ghz CPU.
Also im not sure what specific CPU i need as in socket number.

Open it up and see if you can remove the CPU to be sure. I am 99.5% sure you can.

You need a PGA 475 CPU. You could not get a much faster CPU because of heat. If your CPU is currently a mobile, you also should get a mobile (not sure about mobile p3's if they even exist)

DJ-CHRIS said:
Open it up and see if you can remove the CPU to be sure. I am 99.5% sure you can.

You need a PGA 475 CPU. You could not get a much faster CPU because of heat. If your CPU is currently a mobile, you also should get a mobile (not sure about mobile p3's if they even exist)

PGA 475, those expensive? Im looking at getting a 1 ghz (cause thats what my laptop maxes at) i already have i think 600 in their. Good to see another canadian around the net, im up here in newmarket ontario. Do you know any good canadian sites that offer good prices on this and The ArmadaStation EM by any chance, being 16 im tight on cash and my dad picked this laptop up for free for me, so i can upgrade it pretty nice, 64mb pci card (thanks to the Armada Station) 1ghz and 512mb ram pc100 (i know a bit slow but 512 is 512). Plus im only playing stuff like war craft 3 and diablo 2 with it so it should work more than fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom