can anyone help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nachral

Solid State Member
hi guys

this forum rules.. ....thank you thank you thank you.....

ok with the casual formalities outta the way....i know this is not going to be an ideal post. many of u will roll your eyes at my lack of info......the pc is my girlfriend's parents' a friend visiting from india came to stay w/ them...he did them a "favor" and upgraded their ram....then voila vanished....knowing they are not pc savvy...nice huh?...it seemed to work for awhile according to them...a few days-a week....now u cant do anything without it freezing...error messages i.e general protection fault in gdi.exe...(graphic progrm)....along with exception oe occurred at 0028:c14f39ae in VxD ____ i have spent literally hours researching these errors.....it helped somewhat...but im looking for some experience based answers that i couldnt find...is it very likely that a ram problem would not show up immediately....as i am fairly sure our "tech" (very very loosely) did not research motherboardcompatibility or clock/bandwidth....i dont want to look like a chump and march in there and put the old ram back in to no avail....(as the parents have implied the "tech" they believe knew what he was doing and "knows" about computers.....(but we all know that a 5th grader is a rocket scientist in the eyes of a first grader)....so i just wanted some backing if u guys could please help me.....thank you

Please do not cross post or post the same message more then once in one forum. Thanks!!=====MicroBell

I used to have the same problem, it could be two problems from my past experience.

1. Check that the CPU fan or the ventilation is not clogged up by dust. I noticed that once I cleaned out the dust from my CPU fan, everything went well.

2. Also, it could be due to your RAM. I had one Apacer that wasn't working or had too many error exceptions. Sent it back for replacement only to get a new one to fry it up along with my mobo. I have posted another topic relating to this recently, check out the pictures man!

Hope this helps mate.

sry micro...won't do it again, i am new to all of this, thank you for letting me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom