Call Out: 1GB vs 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
U really like Futurama, dont u Elbatrop? First bender, then Zoidberg, now Fry :p Get a shot of Zap and Kif walking through the city after they were discharged - u know the replica of the shot from Midnight Cowboy...

Anyway, 2 gigs is only really necessary for the heaviest of tasks...I.E. my father is a TV director and does a bit of video editing. His best friend in the business (and best friend in general) is a freelance editor (my dad is freelance himself) owns a comp with dual G5s, 4 gigs of RAM, and 2.5 terabytes of HD space. Anyway, he told me that they never go beyond 2 gigs of so in usage, even with the most intense editing tasks

This may sound weird but when I first built my current PC I had 1.25GB of RAM in it. Then about 6 months later I removed 256MB and it ran faster with just 1GB.

U really like Futurama, dont u Elbatrop? First bender, then Zoidberg, now Fry :p Get a shot of Zap and Kif walking through the city after they were discharged - u know the replica of the shot from Midnight Cowboy...

Hahaha, ya it is my favorite show.

This may sound weird but when I first built my current PC I had 1.25GB of RAM in it. Then about 6 months later I removed 256MB and it ran faster with just 1GB.

Was the 256MB slower speed RAM? When you took out the 256MB, did it enable dual channel?

gaara said:
Of course, I have XP Pro on a 366 Celeron with 256MB right now. I believe horndude was the one who I can quote when I say hardware has surpassed probably at least 75% of the market need, most people would be fine with a 1.8Ghz Duron or a PIII, XP is unfortunetely a resource hog though.

A good way to make XP a non-resource hogging OS, is by changing XP visuals for better performance, not visual quality.

(Start > Performance & Maintenance > System > Advanced tab > Performance.)

XP suxks up alot of my 512 so i just take out alot of the start up programs and decrease the processes. I run fine w/ 512 on my XP but i can see a big increase in performance in games when i have 1 gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom