Cable question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
Is there anything different about these cables or do they do the same exact thing? Plz let me know.

usb-extension-cable-active-amplifier-cable-17ft.jpg

or

CC2210C-06_LR.jpg

thx

well ..
USB signal is a bit weak .. So long cabels could make a device not recognized or may works very slow or in some conditions it's in the device manager but nothing more to do with ..
also the type of cables is so important .. the cable in the first pic is too long that's mean there must be som way to make signal go throw it to the end ! if there is that's mean's it's better ..
if not ! IT WILL NOT WORK UNLESS IT MADE OF GOLD OR SILVER hahaha ..
In the big end of the cable there may be some kind of repeater or somthing like that << I hope so .

the cable in the second pic is short enough so the type of wires it made of is important .. the cable is very cheap ? don't use .

well ..
USB signal is a bit weak .. So long cabels could make a device not recognized or may works very slow or in some conditions it's in the device manager but nothing more to do with ..
also the type of cables is so important .. the cable in the first pic is too long that's mean there must be som way to make signal go throw it to the end ! if there is that's mean's it's better ..
In the big end of the cable there may be some kind of repeater or somthing like that << I hope so .

the cable in the second pic is short enough so the type of wires it made of is important .. the cable is very cheap ? don't use .

lol wut? that cable on top is no more than a 50FT cable. and the USB signal does not degrade that much or even any over that short of a distance.

Im running my mouse (I know, doesnt take much for that) on four 6ft cables to my bed across a large bedroom with no problems, have been for over a year, and I have had my keyboard over there the same way. Got tired of changing wireless batteries.....I would have never even tried this but I remember a long time ago on TechTV (when there was such a thing *sigh*) when USB first came out, they hooked all kinds of different lengths of cables and numbers of usb devices up and, Basically they were astonished at what they could get away with. I only did it because I didnt know you couldnt. Now they have this new fangled (country drawl) 2.0, supposed to be stronger, faster signals......Im a bit confused at that site link conversation, I never really saw any documentation as to what they were saying, just some guys talking "Rules are Rules...5 meters!" I have a set of USB speakers that are fairly powerful and have a remote, Im not sure this length would power them very well, but Im going to try it tomorrow just because I didnt know That 5 meters was "The Rule".

Power will degrade over length. It's the same for VGA cables, HDMI cables, ethernet cables, etc. THey can only go so far without active extensions.

well ..

Oh boy ware to start, Oh I know....

You Sir are a idiot, USB extension cables are limited to a max of 4 meters as most devices that you would need to use them with like keyboards and mice already have a minimum of 1 meter of cabling already attached that takes it to the maximum of 5 meters.

And no the end plug on the second cable is not a repeater or booster as it would have a second wire leading to a transformer plug, it is nothing more than a chunky robust end, I have one like it and have sold god knows how many of them over the years to know this as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom