Cable Modems/Wireless Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadHuntaz

Solid State Member
I'm looking to buy a new Cable Modem/Wireless Router.

I'd just like some thoughts from people who have used any different models. I've already looked at the D-Link and Linksys. D-Link doesn't have the combo but I looked at getting the cable modem and wireless router separetly. Can you let me know your opinions on which I should buy? Have I over looked a different brand?

I'm looking to spend the least amount of money possible. Around $150 for the whole set.

thanks in advanced for your advice.... :)

I use a Linksys wireless router to share broadband between my desktop and my laptop. I cant remember how much it cost, but im pretty sure it was under 100 dollars. It cost more for me because I needed the wireless PCMCIA card. Runs rock solid, easy to configure, cant go wrong.

Ok man. I appreciate the info. Do you use that Linksys router? I'm wondering about the range on it. I live in a detached Mother-In-Law suite about 150 feet away from where the Router will be, do you think it will work?

Personelly, my expierances (3 so far) with different Netgear wireless routers, has been horrible, and most of the time, it refuses to let wireless cards other than netgear ones to use it, or it crashes. I have worked with Linsys for a while, rock solid performance, no problems.

I don't know about D-Link, but some reviews say that their top end is pretty good.

LINKSYS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom